Sunday, October 21, 2007

Soooo bad....yet so good

So our neighbors went crazy today and baked like a million things, and the best part is they think I'm some excellent cook (haha) and so they let me sample everything to get my approval! Much to my joy, I have a new love and am more than happy to share it with the world. This seriously is the best and most easiest dessert and I think I will be infatuated for weeks! Honestly, it tastes like something you'd find in starbucks. Enjoy!

Oatmeal Crunch

1 3/4 c. flour
1 1/2 c. rolled oats
1 c. brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 c. cold butter, cut into 3/4 in. pieces
1 c. jam (I like raspberry, but I also think strawberry or blueberry would be divine!)

Stir dry ingredients together. Cut in butter with 2 knives, until mixture forms large, coarse crumbs (pea size). Take 2 c. of crumble and set aside. Press the remaining into the bottom of an 8x8 pan. Drop jam by tablespoons, spreading around until a nice gooey layer forms. Sprinkle the remaining crumble over the top. Bake at 325 for 50-55 minutes.

2 comments:

Rach said...

what cool neighbors you have...

Texas Birds said...

You are so cute, can't wait to try it!