

Well, here I go with trying to do this whole blog thing. As you can tell, I didn't get a good start because the pictures are just everywhere. But, here he is, our little Isaac. I actually had this blog all typed up and ready to go, and I pushed the wrong button and erased everything. So now you all get the condensed version. We went to the hospital at 7:30 Thursday morning. They started Heather on the Pitocin around 8:30. Around 12:30 she asked for the epidural due to the painful contractions.


After that we both were able to get a little sleep. Heather was progressing great until she got to about a 5, and she was stuck there for the next three hours. In the space of 45 minutes, though, Heather moved from a 6 to a 9 (this was around 8:00 pm or so). They got everything set up to deliver and Heather started pushing with her contractions. For the next 2 hours she pushed, but the baby just wasn't moving. Heather was exhausted by then, the epidural was wearing off, and she wanted to be done. Since the baby wasn't moving down far enough, the doctor suggested a c-section. I was initially scared because that meant they would have to cut my love open. But it was for the best. They took her into the operating room, and I was about to join her but was told I couldn't because they had to put Heather to sleep to get the baby out. So I didn't even get to see my own child being born. I was sad, but what can you do. At 11:53 pm on November 1, little Isaac finally came!! He weighed 8 lbs 10 oz (no wonder he wasn't moving, he didn't fit), and he was 21 inches long. He has a little red hair (you can kind of see it in the pictures).

His hair has a little curl to it too! But he is healthy, Mom is healthy, and both are doing great! Hopefully Heather will be able to resume her posting job because I have failed miserably. But you got pictures and you got his weight. What more do you want?
12 comments:
Congrats!!! You did great Cory! Please give our love and congrats to Heather! Tell her she's amazing to go through all that. We sure love and miss you guys!
Congrats you two! Isacc is beautiful! You both did a wonderful job.
we are so happy for you guys!! and he is just adorable! welcome to the parent club!
He gets his good looks from his aunt Haylee :]
Hes adorable!
can't wait to see him.
Cory, you did great at the blog thing and this grandma for one is glad you did it. I am looking foreward to spending time with your little family and loving up that baby.:)
Nana Janice
well congrats you two-- i'm glad you were so tough, heather!!! it's a scary and stressful thing but i'm glad you are both doing ok!!
give me a call when you guys can so we can help you out! (and meet the little fat!)
take care!
carly
Congratulations!!!
Your baby is beautiful (in a handsome way!) I'm so happy for the both of you that he is finally here and that all is well and healthy. I'm sorry that it was a rough delievery and what-not, but it sounds so worth it and good. Your next few months will all be a blur so try to write a lot and take pictures because it will be the time that he'll ask about for the rest of his life. Please let me know if I can do ANYTHING! Congrats!
just plain sister sheldon, your "old" YW leader: I got onto your blog and viewed Isaac. What a gorgeous little guy! I know Grandma and Grandpa Richardson must be bustin their buttons.
You did really good Cory. I like where the pictures are. How are you guys doing? Put up a picture of heather and you holding him. Can't wait to see you again!
Congratulations you two! I know you don't know me Heather, but Cory is like my big brother, so I had to say congrats! He is beautiful! :)
--Kristen Madson Archer
Congratulations, you two! You have a beautiful family!
Congrats!! He's adorable! Can't wait to meet this little guy in person.
...Welcome Baby Isaac!!
Post a Comment