Friday, February 22, 2008

California or Bust!!


Hi! This is Cory and my wife is making me sit at the computer and create this blog. I have to say that it was against my will, and I was originally going to type as if she were the one at the computer. But, here I am. So I guess I'm supposed to tell you about the good news I received today. No, I'm not a daddy again. No, we didn't win the lottery. And no, we're not giving the blue Chevy astro van away to the first caller (I've seen the way people look at our sweet ride, there is coveting going on). I interviewed with CBIZ, an accounting firm in Southern California, and was offered a position as an intern next winter. It's still sinking in that I'm going to be working a REAL job, not a job where I sit on a lawn mower all day (although I enjoy that and am looking forward to doing that again this summer) or a job where I lay sod or talk on the phone all day or have 20 meetings a week (well, I might have that many meetings, I don't know). I'm actually going to be entering the real world. Heather said she tried telling some people what I'm going to be doing and she couldn't because she doesn't know. That's because it's top secret. I'm not even sure what I'll be doing (hopefully making some big bucks). I will be doing forensic accounting stuff, which is like investigative accounting. To many, that may sound dull and not amusing, but to accountants, we're all about dull and not being amusing. So I guess it fits. Anyway, that's my story and I hope you enjoyed it. Heather will resume blogging responsibilities from now on.

8 comments:

Carly said...

Congrats Corey that is AWESOME! I bet you are excited not to be in Idaho next winter, huh Heather!!

Janice said...

I love that Heather forced you to write on your family blog. I'll bet it didn't hurt one bit either:) We're excited for you, what an adventure. Have you told Abe yet?:)

Mama Janice

The Birds said...

Cory, I know how you feel about blogging, but you did great!!! Congrats on the internship!! So, will you have graduated already or just take time off to do the internship, or is the internship part of you school? We're excited for you guys, but sad that you'll have to be moving. What part of So. Cali will you be in? Anyway, congrats again!

Callie, Shawn and Braxton said...

That's exciting. Congrats.

Ryan, Sheena, and Riley said...

Congrats that is so great to finally have a REAL job! It will still be awhile for us! So we will live through you!

Carly said...

Looks good Heather! It's really not hard, huh!! The width is good, too! :)

Miriam Lusk said...

We found your Blog! Congratulation on your job! That is way exciting.

Janice said...

Hey, howcome your words don't fall off the center paper like mine? How do I fix that?:)

Dad said all he gets when he pulls up your page is the outside paper. I don't know why, I see everything just fine.:)

Mom