Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Nana comes!

I am the worlds worst picture taker, I swear. I was going through the pictures from this weekend and realized I missed so much! Oh well though. Can't dwell on the past, just have to do better next time (right mom?!).

My mom was able to come into town last Friday to celebrate mine and Isaac's birthdays (a little early). It was perfect timing because Cory is in the middle of mid-terms and I would have been an emotional wreck of a single mom this week. So, thanks mom for saving me! We got Isaac's pictures taken, hung out at the Cocoa Bean, ate delicious food, shopped like crazy, and I enjoyed the break I got. Yet I didn't get one single picture of her the entire time. Sad!

Here are some pictures from our little "party" we had Sunday. We ate soup becuase it is Isaac's favorite, had some bubbly and my mom made my favorite cake- cherry chip with raspberry filling. So so so good! I think I'll eat the big honkin' slice thats left for my midnight snack tonight.



(he adores this truck, btw. Thanks to the great grandmas for getting it!)


Last night for FHE we had our wonderul friends the Anderson's over. We mostly just chatted, had a small spiritual thought and made caramel apples. I so wish I got a close up of mine. Picture ooey gooey caramel, rolled in peanuts, drizzled with chocolate, rolled again in marshmellows, drizzled in more chocolate, and sprinkled with a little cocoanut. I felt disgusting afterwards, but it was so worth it!

7 comments:

Jeff, Traci and Kaden said...

Cute! Happy birthday to both of you!

Rach said...

fun! jealous of the carmel apples yours sounds amazingly wonderful. I can not believe he is almost a year...feels like just yesterday we were both prego, and everytime you went to your car Chad and I would freak out cause we thought you were going into labor.

Ryan, Sheena, and Riley said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY HEATHER AND ISSAC!!!! WE MISS YOU GUYS!

Cassandra, James and Madison& Eli said...

Looks like lots of fun! Those caremel apples make my stomach turn just thinking about them. We are making some for Halloween,but we will stick with just the carmel. :) Miss ya guys

The Birds said...

Those look super yummy!!! Oh, and we'll be there on Saturday night! Can't wait!

Danelle Grossnickle said...

How fun for you, you really have the best mom in the world!

Carly said...

You guys are so cute! Happy birthday guys!:)