This morning as I was working out, the Today Show caught my attention. They has the editor from Goodhousekeeping Magazine who claimed that she had the perfect anti-aging diet. They even came up with a clever little way to rememer it:
P- Produce
P- Protein
O- Omega 3's
W- Whole Wheat
E- Exercise
R- Red Wine (and other beverages)
They go on to talk about how great leafy green veggies are and berries which pack antioxidants. They advise to stay with lean protein and that whole wheat will fill you up with fiber. But here is my favorite part. They claim that they "came up with this diet".
SERIOUSLY?!
Yeah we all know that this info is great to know, but I seriously laughed out loud when the said that they came up with this, like its something never seen before. I mean, haven't we been told thousands of times, especially by our leaders? The greatest thing is is that people will actually believe that it's an all new diet, but hey, if it gets people to be healthier then I guess its not a bad thing.
Oh, what a funny world we live in.
{You can watch the clip here, if you'd like}
1 comment:
Haha! because I read it and thought...man that's good! but you are right, it's the same thing we hear anytime people start talking about the word of wisdom! Thanks Heather, you always make me smile!
Post a Comment