Saturday, March 7, 2009

Zoo be doo be doo

Today Cory had to work. Yes, I am aware it is Saturday and he has already worked 60+ hours this week but unfortunately his company has no heart and they drug him in for one more day. Luckily, my two good friends were husband-less today too and we went out to see what Bakersfield has to offer. Turns out, not much.

But they do have a zoo and even if there are no lions or giraffes it was still fun to get out and breath real, clean fresh air (we live downtown- the zoo is in the country. Healthy air filled my lungs)!
Very hairy, very dirty sheep. Makes you think twice about the clothes you are wearing and if the fabric at one point or another was covered in poop and mud. Eww. (Thank goodness for synthetics.)

This is Natalie and she really does have eyes, I just happened to take the picture at the wrong time. She is John's wife and came with us for the day and helped wrangle Amy's kids.



The only way to keep this talkative kid quiet is sugar. He is for sure my child!

The poor animals all had runny, boogery noses. Isaac did too, and they shared with eachother. Ewww again.

The firetruck really has nothing to do with the picture, other than the fact we forgot to get one in the zoo and this just happened to be a better background than the parking lot. (Yes, I am posing with my baked Lays)

4 comments:

Crystal said...

I love the BAKED lays! Love it! : )

Rachel Holloway said...

What an awesome day at the zoo!! HOORAY for you! And I too am a Baked Lays addict. Reeally.

Anonymous said...

I love how much bigger your child is then the other two. He is getting so old! Tell him to stop growing until you move here.:)

Danelle Grossnickle said...

Fun! At least it is sunny there:)