A quick recap on our last days in Cali. I must first say how much I am missing the warm weather and sunny skies, especially today when it is 43 degrees. But, grumble as I do, we really are loving being back in Rexburg and can't wait to see all of our friends!
We decided to be frugal and instead of going on a big trip to San Fran or San Diego, we made a day trip up to Fresno and checked out the zoo. It was a blast! It was decently priced for the exhibits they had, and you could pay a little extra to pet the sting rays or feed the giraffes. Since the giraffe line was soooooo long, we hung back at the "fishies" which was really fun. Isaac was just interested in the water, but it was really neat to be able to touch those slimy things.
We also said goodbye to all of our great friends we made. We were so blessed with such good neighbors and other friends in the ward and it really made it all worth it. The hardest goodbye for little Isaac was to Halle (and Mi-mo too, but no pics). We're sure going to miss them!!
Isaac was diagnosed with an ear infection the day before we left, which made for quite an interesting two day trip. We were ALL grateful to be out of that U-Haul when it was finally over! (And the benadryl didn't do squat! Bummer)
On our way up we spent a couple days with Cory's family and had the chance to have some of his high school buddies and their wives over. I think it's so cool that they have al stayed such good friends. We always have a blast when we are together!
When we went back down to Utah to pick our little man up, we got to celebrate our neice's birthday and couldn't have asked for greater weather! Perfect day, perfect company, perfect girl and perfect cupcakes (I'm still drooling Chandi!).
3 comments:
I love the pictures! Looks like lots of fun adventures and loving friends and family!
oh my gosh, Isaac sure fits in nicely with his cousins. All that red hair! I miss him:) how are you feeling?
We sure did LOVE having him. Can't wait till we get to keep the little tyke again!! Miss you guys already!
~Chandi
Post a Comment