I've realized now as I have my own family, I'm not into holidays like I thought. Sure I love the big ones like Thanksgiving and Christmas, and I might find myself having a bbq or two around 4th of July. But for some odd reason I can't get into all the other ones. Determined not to be a dead beat un-holidayish mom, We Eastered ourselves out!Nevermind that he wanted to drink the dye....
It also happened to be conference weekend, where we listen to the leaders of our church speak and receive uplifting words and where I feel an honest-to-goodness peace down to my toes . I love it, but have a hard time listening with a two year old, unfortunately. Well, and the fact that we streamed it live on our laptop (set up on our sweet high chair) didn't help either.
Then came the baskets and egg hunt. I tried to be spiritual and put Christ centered gifts in his basket, but feeling the need to also have something "fun", the Easter bunny also brought him Buzz Lightyear. Guess which was the bigger hit?
Caleb Homecoming
2 days ago
1 comment:
We're lame for the first few years of motherhood- don't stress about it! PS I love the apartment!!!
Post a Comment