Are you ready for this? Like do you have 25 minutes of free time? Because I'm finally back to the real world, and its only taken me a week (and a couple days) to adjust and get to blogging about our awesome trip to Mexico. Don't worry...I uploaded somewhere around 63 pictures so you can see EVERYTHING we did. You're welcome :)
Day 1:
Watching the airplanes. The last time she was on one was when she was 5-ish months, only this time I knew she wouldn't sleep! She did GREAT on the way there, mostly because I packed about 5lbs of snacks to keep her quiet. When we landed in Mexico though, I had her in a stroller, a backpack on my back, her carseat and two suitcases. Yeah, it was pretty funny to watch me go through security and out to find my parents!
Welcome to Mexico! This is our condo we stayed at with my family. Audrey and I actually had our own room which was really really nice! Our balcony faced the beach, and each night I'd sit out on the balcony and soak up the moments!


Lovely view, huh?!
Meeting Uncle Michael and eating more snacks.
"Look mom, I'm a rockstar!" (And boy does she know it!)
We swam as soon as we got there, and went at least once a day every day. She was a crazy girl in the water and numerous people commented on how funny she was! They often had music playing at the pool and she'd dance her heart out! Her favorite though was going under the water and having me catch her. My little dare devil!
The two people who made this trip possible! That night we went on a sunset dinner cruise thing which took us out to Lover's beach and the arch. They had pretty yummy food, and we all loved the ride, but after about 2 hours and nearing someone's bed time I think we were spent.
Pretty sure he's still single ladies!
Seriously, this girl gets the itch to dance when she hears music! Its like she can't help but bust a move!
View as we were leaving the marina.
Tuckered out (and how can you not love those chubby cheeks?!)
The arch (maybe it has a more technical name, but that's all I called it)
Day 2:
Eating breakfast on the balcony. I could get used to this!
Oh, and I could FOR SURE get used to this!!
Out to dinner with the fam to celebrate dad turning the big 5-0!

I think he was pretty embarrassed when I paid these guys to sing him Happy Birthday to him!
Pretty sure all she ate the whole time we were in Mexico was guacamole. This night she had probably 6 huge spoonfuls!
Day 3:
In the morning we had the opportunity to work with a nonprofit group serving breakfast at a local community center. It was located out of the touristy part of Cabo, and into the "real" part of Mexico. We saw lots of poverty, and were told that this might be the only meal that some of these people got all day. It was mostly donated food from the resorts (hence the cake for breakfast!). We got to talk with the kids, though we spoke next to no spanish, and they were smitten with Audrey and her red hair and fair skin. Unfortunately she wasn't so happy that morning and was pretty clingy the whole time.
Poor girl didn't get much sleep the whole trip, but was a trooper most of the time!
Out to eat at the yummiest restaurant! Probably my favorite food from the whole trip. Shrimp tacos!!
Day 4: (?)
This is where my mind gets fuzzy and the days all blend together. So we're gonna call this day 4 even though I have no idea!
We had a photographer come and take pictures of our family since who knows when we will all be together at the same time again. Even though we didn't have Cory and Isaac there, my parents had all their kids so we got quite a few of the "immediate" family.

Really cute idea to do this on the rock huh? Yeah, what you can't see is a huge drop off and steep edge that we are hanging off of at the end. Then the photographer says "look comfortable!" while I'm holding on for dear life :)
This was me trying to get off. I was pretty much s-t-u-c-k!


She was NOT happy that she couldn't be in some of the pictures with mom!


Day..........nevermind. I give up.
One of the days we went to the glass factory hidden in a slightly scary-looking alley. It turned out to be a blast, and they had some beautiful pieces. We got to see them working on a dolphin, and I even got to blow a big glass bubble!
Love my little crazy girl!
At the markets. If I do say so myself, I got pretty darn good at bartering. What can I say? I'm cheap!
Are these stairs not so lovely?!
Now I know this was Thursday night, out to celebrate H&M's birthday. My sweet dad stayed with Audrey so many times when she needed to sleep/didn't want to go shopping and I am so grateful for his help! They became pretty good little buddies!
Wow, I really should have done this sooner because now I don't even remember the name of this beach! It was beautiful though, and to say Audrey loved the waves and sand would be an understatement. That is, until she got all the sand stuck in her diaper and it exfoliated her bum!
Mom and I back from snorkeling. It was fun, but the water was still pretty cold and I just couldn't catch my breath!


Naked baby girl after we rinsed the handfuls of sand from her bum! (Audrey, not my sister :)
This always makes me smile. On each floor was a crack about an inch and a half wide. And every time we got to it, she'd stop and hold out her hand until someone helped her across. At one point she was "running" and barely stopped in time, almost falling over because she was too scared to step over it herself!
Enjoying our last morning there, complete with crazy hair!
Told ya these two were the best of buds!

Walking on the pier our last night there. We saw a sea lion a couple of times just hanging out around the boats!
Trying to hide away so she didn't have to go home!

Coming home was not as desirable as the first, since it was nap time and no nap was to be had. That is until we were landing...grr!
Thanks mom & dad for the great trip! Lets do it again next year, shall we?! :)
Day 1:
Welcome to Mexico! This is our condo we stayed at with my family. Audrey and I actually had our own room which was really really nice! Our balcony faced the beach, and each night I'd sit out on the balcony and soak up the moments!

Meeting Uncle Michael and eating more snacks.
We swam as soon as we got there, and went at least once a day every day. She was a crazy girl in the water and numerous people commented on how funny she was! They often had music playing at the pool and she'd dance her heart out! Her favorite though was going under the water and having me catch her. My little dare devil!Day 3:
In the morning we had the opportunity to work with a nonprofit group serving breakfast at a local community center. It was located out of the touristy part of Cabo, and into the "real" part of Mexico. We saw lots of poverty, and were told that this might be the only meal that some of these people got all day. It was mostly donated food from the resorts (hence the cake for breakfast!). We got to talk with the kids, though we spoke next to no spanish, and they were smitten with Audrey and her red hair and fair skin. Unfortunately she wasn't so happy that morning and was pretty clingy the whole time.Day 4: (?)
This is where my mind gets fuzzy and the days all blend together. So we're gonna call this day 4 even though I have no idea!

Really cute idea to do this on the rock huh? Yeah, what you can't see is a huge drop off and steep edge that we are hanging off of at the end. Then the photographer says "look comfortable!" while I'm holding on for dear life :)
This was me trying to get off. I was pretty much s-t-u-c-k!



Day..........nevermind. I give up.
One of the days we went to the glass factory hidden in a slightly scary-looking alley. It turned out to be a blast, and they had some beautiful pieces. We got to see them working on a dolphin, and I even got to blow a big glass bubble!
Love my little crazy girl!
Now I know this was Thursday night, out to celebrate H&M's birthday. My sweet dad stayed with Audrey so many times when she needed to sleep/didn't want to go shopping and I am so grateful for his help! They became pretty good little buddies!Coming home was not as desirable as the first, since it was nap time and no nap was to be had. That is until we were landing...grr!
Thanks mom & dad for the great trip! Lets do it again next year, shall we?! :)
7 comments:
so fun!! and HEATHER! holy hot skinny mama!!! you totally did not birth 2 kids in the last 4 years... you look great!!!!!!!!
What a fun trip. Sterling and I went there for our honeymoon. It was a blast and saw many of the sites in your pictures.
Looks like you had a great time.
yeah! Always glad to get your perspective:) a couple of captions made me truly laugh:)
Wow what a fun trip!! Where was mr. isaac?
Wow -- those pictures are beautiful!!
Great post! I loved all the pictures. Audrey is so adorable and I bet this was such a nice break for you.
I have to tell you something awesome. The picture you posted of you on the beach (the picture of your feet, book, and the beach), ya I have a picture almost exactly like that when we went to Cancun (see my january post). Here's the weird thing, I posted a picture of my feet and the view in front of me AND I was reading Catching Fire like you were. Very cool huh! haha :) I thought that was so ironic.
Great minds think alike!
WOW! It all looked so relaxing and warm and beautiful and fun and awesome! Those are great family pictures, too!
Post a Comment