Monday, May 30, 2011

Be Bolder, Run Boulder!

WE DID IT! YAHOO! That is how I have felt all day! See, I am NOT a runner by any stretch of the imagination. But with a little determination and a lot of early mornings, Cory and I were able to run Bolder Boulder 10k today! It feels so amazing to have achieved this goal, and though it wasn't easy it was extremely worth it. Our time wasn't even my best, but I'd say 1 hr 13 minutes isn't too bad!

I am so blessed to have had the support from my awesome husband. He totally rocked it and kept me going, and it was fun to run across the finish line holding hands ;)

My dad flies out this way to work every once in awhile, so he conveniently started his business trip a little early to come race! I think the elevation got to him a little bit, but he still kicked out butts!

The race itself is pretty awesome. Boulder is a pretty granola place, even more so than some places I've seen in the NW, believe it or not. So it wasn't surprising that to entertain us along the way were bellydancers, lots of bands (though I never heard them because I kept my headphones in the whole time), beer "aid-stations", slip n' slides, people throwing marshmallows, and lots of crazy costumes. It was so fun and kept me well distracted!

After a yummy Memorial Day bbq we went swimming at the hotel where my dad is staying. Our kids are FISHIES for sure! I have a feeling we will be at the pool a LOT this summer so anyone is welcome to join us!

Speaking of fish.... :)

Tomorrow we'll get grandpa in the water with us!

7 comments:

Carly said...

You are awesome woman!!!! :)

derek and michelle said...

Congrats!!! That is an awesome goal to have and you did it!

Rach said...

Whoopp!!! So excited for you. Sounds like a great race. And so cook Cory ran along with you.


Ps I love Corys lady tshirt.

Janice said...

man o man, look at all those people behind you! Trying to find you in the sea of people crossing the finish line online was impossible, but it was fun trying:) I'll stick to my 5K's but glad you had fun and all went well. Love Cory's new swim look:)

Beth said...

WOOT!! Way to go! I am impressed. Looks like a fun day!

Lindsay said...

Good for you! That is so awesome! What an accomplishment!

Allison said...

Nice job Heather. That is awesome. Next up 13.1 miles? :)