Monday, October 14, 2013

Cory's big 3-0!!




For Cory's birthday this year I wanted to surprise him with something BIG but had a hard time coming up with anything. I found out that his FAVORITE band, Jimmy Eat World, was coming to OKC the week before his birthday. It was fate! I quickly arranged everything and it all pulled together pretty well (minus the whole government shut down that threw a little glitch in our plans so I wasn't able to keep it a total surprise)

 My mom drove down to stay with the kids and I picked him up from work. In the car I gave him a bag with a Jimmy Eat World t-shirt, CD and tickets for the concert that night. He had NO idea and was super surprised! (And if you know me you know I am horrible at keeping surprises!) We stayed two nights and had the best time together. And we really didn't do much but sleep in and go where we felt like going, but when you are parents that is such a treat! We were able to get to the temple, go out to eat a few times, and catch a movie. If we didn't love our kiddos so much we would have never come back!


For his actual birthday we had a nice mellow night at home, just what he wanted. He says he feels like an old man but I still think he's got it ;)

No comments: