Sunday, February 10, 2008

We love Nana!

I'm feeling the need to blog right now so here are a bunch of random happenings around our house the past few days.

Isaac sure loves his nana! She is spoiling him with so much attention and he is eating it all up! I've decided that once you have kids, you don't matter anymore. But who could blame a grandma with a cute grandson like this!?I don't know how she does it but he will smile for her camera every time! It must be a grandma thing I guess.

My friends babies are teething and they're the same age as Isaac. I'm thinking "wow, they teethe early! My baby surely has a long way to go." But Isaac was chewing on my moms finger the other day and low and behold there is something pretty sharp down there. We've tried to get a look, and from what we can see it looks like teeth, but his tongue is in the way most of the time so its hard to tell.

After the surgery they told me not to shower for 48 hours. I was feeling pretty gross and didn't want to go to the Temple Dedication all slimey so my sweet husband said he would wash my hair for me! If anyone else would like to schedule an appointment with le hairdresser, he's free all day!

Isaac is into reading lately. He'll usually just stare at the pictures and try to grab the book and put it in his mouth, but he loves spending time with dad!

This is a snow drift right outside our kitchen window. I took it a few days ago, but now its about 5 feet high. Cory said I could have gotten a decent picture from the kitchen window, but I just HAD to walk outside in the freezing cold to get a good picture. Unfortunately, this doesn't do it justice.

4 comments:

Carly said...

his gums will get really really red or really white. and it can cause so many weird symptoms, like bad gas and really bad poopy's. i bet he's starting!!
hopefully he's more of a trooper than stella, she's a whiner, haha :)
when does your mom go home?

Brandon and Jennifer said...

OK so number one, I didn't know you were getting surgery.... sad but I am glad you are ok. SNOW? CRAZY send me some please. Seriously I wanna see you Cory and Baby Isaac. He is gonna be able to bite me when I meet him! LOVE YOU

Jason & Morgan said...

We're so gald that it went well, we are tired of the snow too can't wait till spring, your little issac is to cute where do I get one ha ha

The Oylers said...

Hey Cory,
Just stumbling around in the blog world, and found yours. Welcome to the world of Fatherhood. It's a good place to be. Glad to see you are doing well.