Saturday, August 9, 2008

We're never coming home...

...if life could always be this fun! I guess I'd better post because if I wait to get back, it'd be the longest post ever known! We have been going going going and enjoying the beautiful northwest! Its been great to spend lots of time with family and bumping into people I haven't seen since high school. They all adore Isaac (since no one has seen him ever yet) and he enjoys the attention. Could he be my child in that aspect? Well, you'd have to ask my mother :)

Thursday we were able to go to the Portland Temple with my parents and my awesome sister babysat. Afterwards we went to Joes Crab Shack with some friends from high school and caught up on life. It was so beautiful to sit by the river, watch the sail boats go by, eat seafood and be in great company!

Waiting for dinner

Telicia & Stephen, Brandon & Jen, and us
(Cory loved the shirt that said "we catch crabs so you don't have to")

Seattle day was Friday and it was SUCH a beautiful day! We had heard of the Fremont Troll so we set out to find it- without mapquesting directions. Bad idea! We got lost for an hour or so at least and finally decided to park and just walk along the river. After "just one more turn" we found it! My sister Hannah loved it, and we were all sweating after walking up the hill. Fun? Yes. Would I do it again? Probably not.
Walkin' up the hill

The troll and a possibly a really big booger up there

On the way back we stopped at the Flying Apron Bakery where they had all organic pastries, cupcakes and such. Yum yum!


Of course, a visit to Seattle isn't complete without going to Pike Place Market. Unfortunately we got there after all the little shops had closed but we still were able to get some beautiful flowers (for five bucks!) and the most delicious peaches EVER! No seriously, I could dedicate a whole blog to these local, fresh, juicy, sweet, tender, finger-lickin' good peaches! If only a picture could do them justice.

Lovely flowers that were everywhere

Me and the famous peach. It dripped down my chin, my arm, my shirt, my leg and into my shoe. Yeah, its that good.

How could you see this and not walk into the store? They had chocolate covered marshmellows and twinkies! Who knew? We got 4 caramel apples- reeses pieces, cookies and cream, english toffee, and "the killer" (caramel, peanuts, white and milk chocolate).



Later that night we met my brother who lives in Seattle at at place called The Rainforest Cafe. My six year old sister picked the place, and once you see the outside, you'll know exactally why. I call it ADHD. However, she didn't complain or whine once while we were there, and that made it worth it. The food was really yummy and the desert (which I did not get a picture of) was divine! (Volcano anyone?)

Needless to say after our busy day we went home and zonked...

5 comments:

Jourdan said...

do NOT tell me that is your brother sitting to your left in the last picture...


UN. BE. LIEVABLE.

Rachel Holloway said...

totally fun, fun, fun! And all in one day? WOW. You are a marathon visitor! :) Glad you are getting a great break!

Brandon and Jennifer said...

I love that picture of all of us! I think it turned out good. PS I can't believe that's Michael! HOLY GROWN UP.

Danelle Grossnickle said...

I suppose I missed your entire trip to Washington? I just got home from our trip...wish I could see you while you are here:)

The Birds said...

Looks like you guys are having a GREAT time!!
Love and miss ya!
~Chandi