For my birthday, which was last week, Cory surprised me with a date night to go on a wagon ride and to dinner! But, the ride would have been with 8 other people and that just didn't seem very romantic and birthday-ish. So, I pursuaded him to pay the extra moolah and we splurged on the carriage ride. They only could do it on a weeknight, so tonight was it!
It was everything I ever could have wanted my birthday to be! I made homemade hot chocolate which turned out divine (and I will NEVER be buying swiss miss again!) and filled our little tin thermos' up so we could stay toasty. I donned my cutest winter outfit and hat and made sure I smelled extra yummy.
The carriage picked us up at our house and, after giving our driver some of the chocolatey goodness, off we went. Even going down our road I felt so cool, with people peeking out their windows to get a glimpse of us. We drove through side streets, and I loved hearing the clip clop of the horses hooves. It seriously was just so romantic! We cuddled under the quilt, laughed at silly things, and I felt so in love with him that I can't even describe it! There are only so many sights to see in Rexburg, but we loved driving up by the big houses and dreaming, and seeing the Temple all lit up.
It was everything I ever could have wanted my birthday to be! I made homemade hot chocolate which turned out divine (and I will NEVER be buying swiss miss again!) and filled our little tin thermos' up so we could stay toasty. I donned my cutest winter outfit and hat and made sure I smelled extra yummy.
The carriage picked us up at our house and, after giving our driver some of the chocolatey goodness, off we went. Even going down our road I felt so cool, with people peeking out their windows to get a glimpse of us. We drove through side streets, and I loved hearing the clip clop of the horses hooves. It seriously was just so romantic! We cuddled under the quilt, laughed at silly things, and I felt so in love with him that I can't even describe it! There are only so many sights to see in Rexburg, but we loved driving up by the big houses and dreaming, and seeing the Temple all lit up.
After our hour ride with Belle and Goose (and the driver, but I forgot to get his name!) we ended at Applebees, complete with front door service. It made me laugh because the hostess' were staring and getting all ready like royalty was here.
But you know, thats what I felt like. I felt like his Cinderella, carriage and all.
14 comments:
OH MY GOSH! i would have died seeing that pull up to good ol 930 #2. how amazingly fun! that is the best birthday ever, what a great idea, i just was beaming reading the whole thing (especially cause you had your pink coat on)
Ok, have I ever told you that you guys are the cutest couple!?! How sweet and romantic! What a creative b-day present! I was smiling and feeling all gushy for you reading it....And I'm pretty sure I saw you guys coming down Casper? But I didn't know it was you of course and I slowed the car down so McKyla could see...so now I kinda feel like a dork because I was all pointing at the horses.
Hey, I saw you. It took me a minute to realize who it was when you waved to me, but I was pretty excited for you guys. That's so fun. I'm glad you had an excellent night.
Awww...that is so sweet!! My birthday is this next week, maybe I'll have to hint at that for Hyrum. :) Looks like you guys had fun!
That's amazing! I didn't even know you could do that! That sounds like the best date ever!!! I love this! Ah...sometimes I just love to live vicariously through people-today its totally you!! <3
How cute and romantic!
That's so cute! I ran to the window when I saw him go down the street saying, "There are 2 horses and a wagon on our street!" And then I had to keep peeking to see who was getting in it! Hope you don't mind us snooping!
How fun. And I love reading all your friends' comments. You are the envy of everyone it seems:)
Tell Cory he is great!
So glad you had such a wonderful time...you both deserve it! Sounds delightful:)
Okay...I am officially jealous. My hubby would never ever in a million ba gillion years do that for me, I am serious! You are one lucky girl!
WHAT AN AWESOME IDEA! I am so glad you were able to rekindle those romantic feelings and spend the time together! CUTE, CUTE!
I'm so happy that you guys had a wonderful night. It sounds so amazingly romantic. I would have died if I saw the carriage pull up outside our apts. You are one lucky women!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LATE! Cory way to go on the AWESOME B-Day present.
So cute!!! Way to go Cory! What a great idea! Glad you had a good one!
~Chandi
Post a Comment