...but not in the way of jobs, darn it! Still crossing our fingers and praying our hearts out for that one.
But tonight marked the first night Mr. Isaac went to bed without a binky. I think I'm mostly the one having a hard time letting it go, because, lets face it, it keeps the mouth quiet and is my sanity (even though he only gets it at nap and bedtime)!! I started by last night cutting a hole in the bink and he noticed it but didn't really care. During nap time he kept saying that his binky was broken, but when I asked him if he wanted to throw it away he would immediately say no. Oh well...
so tonight I cut the tip off which counterproductively he thought was cool because he could stick his finger in it. But after putting it in his mouth and realizing it really wasn't that fun to suck on, we talked again about it being broken and how he should just throw it away. Thinking he could trick me he asked for his other one. Bummer, that one was broken too. He definitely made me proud when he ran to the garbage and watched them both fall to the bottom!
But this is only the first night and even though it only took him an hour to go to sleep, with minimal crying, we'll see how our future looks. Oh mercy.
Another change, not for the better unfortunately, is poor little Audrey. The girl has taken to SCREAMING at night and is inconsolable. I apologized to our neighbors today at church and had to laugh when she told me that when they hear her she sounds like Kevin from UP. Hahah....although that bird is sometimes annoying...
It was so bad tonight that I had to sit in the bathroom with the tub faucet running for 5 minutes to get her to sleep. Now if that isn't spoiled, I don't know what is! Its a phase right? Won't last forever? Gonna end soon???? I sure hope so! (even though I can hear her in her bed waking up...awesome.)
Caleb Homecoming
2 days ago
7 comments:
That's funny because we thought Avie sounded like an owl when she would wake up...whoo, whooo...must be the sound distorting as it passes through the floorboards.
We always had to use the running water noise for Kaden to fall asleep. He was the fussiest baby ever. But it was a great way to get a shower in! Just put him in his bouncy chair and he was calm.
I am dying right now... first from what you wrote, and secondly because I just read Erin's comment! :) Oh, so funny!
Yay about the binky! I understand your emotions when you watch them throw the binks away - so proud!! We didn't even hear him, he's going to do great!!
And we don't think Audrey is annoying... really, we hardly even hear her unless we aren't doing anything else and it's silent for a minute or two, which doesn't happen too often! And I don't think any newborn could be annoying!! We love Kevin!! :) Maybe you could give Audrey some chocolate?
heck, we'll take her at night anytime! please come live closer:)Amy did a great job on her pictures!
Oh heather I love you.... I hope I am half the mom you are <3
I had a friend that sucked on a pacifier until she was 10. Her teeth were HORRIBLE! Poor Audrey :( Actually more like poor Heather :( I hope the screaming IS just a phase.
Yay for Isaac! You know, Audrey may have colic (sp?) Have you asked your Dr.?
Post a Comment