Thursday, January 14, 2010

Stunned

I just learned this morning that a guy from my high school was killed on Tuesday at the age of 24. I wouldn't necessarily call him a close friend, but when you go to high school with a class of 99 people, you're all bound to be friends in some way or another.

Anyway, it just got me thinking about how to build and sustain relationships. He added me on facebook not 2 weeks ago and I didn't even give so much as a hello. I just thought "Oh hey, its Frank. That was sure nice of him to find me. I'll just spy on his facebook page and see how he's doing." And that was that. Not that I should have gotten to know his history for the past 5 1/2 years, but wouldn't it have been nice to acknowledge our friendship?

Its sad that these things have to happen to make us learn something. But I am grateful for these learning opportunities, no matter how sad they seem sometimes.

2 comments:

Brandon and Jennifer said...

Not to mention he was nice to everyone.... it is sad. Has had me thinking alllll day.

I love you heather.

Mishali said...

just a little blog hopping from rachel's blog... the sweet gift you gave her made me do it!! then the beautiful bald baby kept me looking further and further... and the sweet posts made me remember my heavenly father loves me too... and then i saw this post... all of a sudden i felt a little tie to you and i dont even know you!! this boy that you talk of just recently married a girl in my home ward up here in washington... we heard of the tragic accident just a day after it happened... what deep thoughts and feelings of love for those dear families who all lost so young, but what an amazing amount of blessings are headed their way... not completely sure why i decided to post on your blog... the lord knew i needed to be remided of his love for all of his children, even when we make mistakes, and he sent me to your blog... i am certain... keep up the good work as what i can tell is not only hard, but worth it, to be the mom of your two beautiful children... how blessed they are!! thanks for your sweet posts... im pretty certain that if you dont mind, i am going to have to stop by and see your blog now and again...