Mondays are days that I have a looooong list of to-do's and my children are usually partially unsupervised so I can get things done. I knew we needed to get out of the house and enjoy this BEAUTIFUL 80 degree weather and play with my kiddos. Cory had "discovered" a new park that we thought we'd go check out.
There was no one there so we were able to run around and be goofy, and they even had a teeter totter- my favorite! There was a ginormous slide that Isaac was afraid to go down, so I volunteered to go first so he could see it wasn't so bad. Audrey and I climbed up with Isaac waiting at the bottom to catch us. On the count of three we slid down, and I remember screaming a little because that sucker was steep and fast! Because of that fact, we came out like a bullet and and landed on my tush pretty hard. Audrey was crying and shaking but I just thought the speed and my screaming had shaken her up a little bit.
I noticed she kept whining and wouldn't crawl around which is not like my independent girl. She was babying her right foot, but I thought that maybe it had gotten bruised in our adventure. After 15 minutes she was screaming and crying even more so off to urgent care we went!
After lots of tears, 3 xrays, and a little boy who wanted to know how everything worked in the midst of all of this, we found out she had broken not one but TWO bones in her leg! Poor monkey! They gave her a splint which she did not like in the least, and they'll cast it next week after the swelling goes down.
She is pretty happy now though, but still can't crawl around which frustrates her to no end!
And next time when we have nothing to do, we'll definitely think twice before going to that park!!
There was no one there so we were able to run around and be goofy, and they even had a teeter totter- my favorite! There was a ginormous slide that Isaac was afraid to go down, so I volunteered to go first so he could see it wasn't so bad. Audrey and I climbed up with Isaac waiting at the bottom to catch us. On the count of three we slid down, and I remember screaming a little because that sucker was steep and fast! Because of that fact, we came out like a bullet and and landed on my tush pretty hard. Audrey was crying and shaking but I just thought the speed and my screaming had shaken her up a little bit.
I noticed she kept whining and wouldn't crawl around which is not like my independent girl. She was babying her right foot, but I thought that maybe it had gotten bruised in our adventure. After 15 minutes she was screaming and crying even more so off to urgent care we went!
After lots of tears, 3 xrays, and a little boy who wanted to know how everything worked in the midst of all of this, we found out she had broken not one but TWO bones in her leg! Poor monkey! They gave her a splint which she did not like in the least, and they'll cast it next week after the swelling goes down.
13 comments:
That is so sad! Poor girl! That must be one intense slide!
Oh that is sad. She makes a wrap and splint look mighty cute though!! Hope the leg heals quick!! I'm guessing Isaac didn't make a run down the slide after the fact...
Looks like Isaac was right not to go down. :) That is so sad. Does she have pain medications? I hate it when babies are in pain.
And I'm so behind in the blogging world that I just looked at your other posts and you look like you're having so much fun! I miss you guys!
p.s. you look AMAZING!
Oh that is so sad! Poor thing, I hope she gets better soon!
I just wanna grab her and hold her and kiss those chubby cheeks. glad she's happy..ish:)
That just makes me so sad! Poor baby. My mom told me some crazy fact that she heard from an ER doc once. I think it was that the number one cause of broken legs in children under five is going down slides on an adult's lap. Crazy, huh? So you aren't the only ones. Hope the healing process isn't too awful for either of you!
OH Heather! I just read your blog! I am so sorry! It is so hard to see your kids in pain. I bet she does hate that splint. I'll pray for her to get better extra fast!
Oh my gosh! Poor girl!! I can't believe that happened from a slide!
That seriously breaks my heart! My brother broke his leg when he was 2, and had to be in a body cast for 2 months. And ya know what, he learned to talk REALLY well during that time. lol. So maybe some good will come out of this!?
aw poor little girl!
Sorry I'm so behind on blogging (and commenting:) It looks like you guys have been busy (fun busy) as ever. You look amazing... seriously, amazing. Your kids look so much alike - so cute! And I'm so sorry about her leg! I'm glad you were with her on the slide at least! (I can't remember how old she is? 9 months?) Good luck with the recovery. Which really probably means, good luck with a baby who's bumbed she can't crawl much!
Poor little girl! I am assuming Isaac didn't go down the slide after he saw how "safe" it was! Hope she gets feeling better soon!
Loved the Mt. Rushmore pictures and can't wait to go there!
oh yikes! that is awful! especially since she probably doesnt even understand what is going on. poor girl! poor mommy!! good luck!
Post a Comment