Monday, March 7, 2011

"We're goin on a bear hunt..."

Isaac and I have been itching to go hiking and I just haven't had the energy to take the kids by myself. So when Saturday rolled around and it was actually warm(er) we thought it would be great to head off to Red Rocks. Even in the dead of winter that place is beautiful!



Isaac kept complaining the whole way that his tummy hurt, and I was less than sympathetic. After all, he was the one who wanted to go so bad, so enjoy it, dang it! So to distract him we'd sing "We're goin' on a bear hunt" or we'd listen to our voices echo off the rocks.

They were FILTHY by the end. But thats how you know you've had a good time, right?

We finally made it!!!

(And turns out, his tummy was really hurting because he was up the past two nights throwing up. I reeeaaallly hope it was that old, fermented juice he drank, and not the flu!)

5 comments:

Seantae Jackson said...

That looks like so much fun... and sooo beautiful! And congratulations to Debra, that is so awesome to have such a wonderful experience!

Charitons said...

How fun! Not the sick part... but next time we will have to join you on the hike!

Kristi said...

Fun! We hope Isaac feels better soon!

Brandon and Jennifer said...

hahaha love the pictures... poor guy! Hope he feels better soon!

Unknown said...

I am so jealous. I LOVE red rocks. you will have to go to the concerts there in the summer as well. How are you guys doing? I hope you are enjoy the awesome colorado weather and life.