I was so giddy when we got to our first port! The ship is fun, but I'm a sucker for the beach and the culture.
Our first port was Cozumel. It was a little more touristy than I had anticipated, but fun to walk through the shops. We didn't have any plans for the day, as I had originally heard the weather was going to be bad. We found a taxi to take us to a private beach, and on the way we saw some scooters for rent which we wish we would have done. Oh well!
Our ship
The beach was small and narrow, but enough to have fun. All the green was so beautiful and a welcome sight!
Since I didn't have a waterproof camera it was hard to take pictures of things we did. We kayaked out as far as we could and were able to go snorkeling for a little bit too. This was Cory's first time snorkeling and he fell in love with it!
Since I didn't have a waterproof camera it was hard to take pictures of things we did. We kayaked out as far as we could and were able to go snorkeling for a little bit too. This was Cory's first time snorkeling and he fell in love with it!
The next day is one I was looking forward to the most! Roatan was the next stop and I heard the most beautiful. I'd have to agree! It had the best little shops that we took a couple hours to go look around in. We had scheduled an excursion which we were SO excited for! Clear bottom kayaking out to an island, followed by an hour of snorkeling. When we were waiting in our designated spot though, they told us it was cancelled! Apparently the water was too choppy ad visibility too low. :( We were both pretty disappointed and may have pouted for a bit. And since it was already so late in the morning, no other excursions were happening.
Luckily there was a public beach that was just a short walk away so we got our tan on and just layed around and played in the warm water. There was a small cove you could rent kayaks from and since it was the closest thing to what we were planning on originally doing, we went for it.
It was still a fun day and gave us even more time to relax!
It was still a fun day and gave us even more time to relax!
No comments:
Post a Comment