To celebrate our upcoming 10 year anniversary and my 30th birthday we took a 7 day cruise to the western Caribbean! Since baby is due just after our anniversary (and prices were amazing!) we went in January. My mom was a saint and watched all the kids for us the whole time, even though it meant her missing out on a trip to Hawaii with my dad. (She blogged about her fun times here, here, here, here, here, here, here, and here.)
Friday I met my mom halfway to drop off the kids, and Saturday we took off for Houston to stay with my aunt. We did a temple session with her and went out to dinner. Fun to spend time with her!
I have been stuck with this nasty cold for almost 6 weeks, and the morning we were to board I woke up with a sinus infection! We found a walgreens clinic on the way to the port and I pretty much begged the Dr for antibiotics!
Excited to finally be on the ship! We went with Princess cruise lines on the Caribbean Princess. We loved it! The funny thing was, 75% of the passengers were probably over 65 :) We didn't mind though as we were there to relax and not party. I was told it was also a lot more formal and fancier than other ships too because of the clientele. Thats ok with me!
Our dinner mates. We did fixed seating and sat with two of the nicest couples, one of them being LDS (the ones to my right)! Both couples were from Canada and are long time cruisers.
I was one of those people who took pictures of the food (mostly desserts since I had two at each meal), and it was ALL so yummy! We were literally never hungry.
Headed to formal night
Since I was still recovering the first couple days we missed out on doing some fun things on board. I just wanted to sleep and do nothing! Kinda lame. But we loved all the shows we went to, attended a few trivia games, movies under the stars, spent time in the hot tub, and enjoyed walking around the ship (to burn off all the calories...sorta!)

No comments:
Post a Comment