Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Say what?!

I've been meaning to look this up on google for some time now, and finally did it yesterday. Check this out-

Did you ever wonder how many grams of sugar equals one teaspoon? Maybe not, but I need to visualize things so I did. 4.2 grams of sugar equals one teaspoon. Doesn't sound like a lot, but think of it this way:

Coke- 39g sugar= just over 9 teaspoons
Snickers bar- 28g sugar= 6 1/2 teaspoons
Caribbean Passion Jamba (my fave)-55g sugar= 13 teaspoons

YIKES!!!
If that wasn't motivation to limit sugar, I don't know what is!

5 comments:

Bethany said...

You just made me want a Snickers and a Jamba really, really bad. Not because of the sugar, but because I'm starving and those sound divine!

Rachel Holloway said...

PAINFUL!!! Isn't it crazy how knowing what you are eating can really put a damper on your desire to eat it!?!? :)

Unknown said...

Sad day...

..telicia.. said...

Holy heck!!!! Thanks for that info!! We've really been trying to cut back well... everything!! LOL Goodness, I sure love me some Jamba though, and a Sonic Slush.. Delish! ;) I'll be sure to keep this in mind though!

Amy and David said...

THANKS HEATHER, you know sometimes ignorance is BLISS. (haha)