***Just warning you now, if you don't like blood and gaping holes, don't look here***
So what did we do today? Oh you know, just made a fun little visit to urgent care!
So what did we do today? Oh you know, just made a fun little visit to urgent care!
I had just gotten out of the shower and was getting dressed when I heard a crash followed by hysterical screaming and crying. (I later found out that he was sitting on the side of the couch and fell off towards our side table) I come out to see Isaac with his hand on his head and blood oozing out the sides. I moved his hand which (duh) made it worse, and grabbed the towel wrapped around my hair to stop the bleeding. I rushed both the kids to the car (still in their jammies and no shoes. But who has time to think about those things?!) and to the Urgent Care we went. The doctor remembered us from last year's incident which was kind of funny. I joked that I need to find a new place to go, so that they don't call CPS on me!
These pictures are all from my phone, so you can't see that it really looks like a second mouth up there.
Waiting for the numbing stuff to kick in while we also waited for dad to show up. He stayed with Isaac while I took Audrey home who was less the cooperative during this whole thing and who would have been a mess had she witnessed what was about to happen. Isaac also asked for a blessing before they stitched him up, which melted my heart :)Cory said Isaac was a trooper though, only crying because he was scared. He ended up with 5 lovely blue stitches. Isaac thought he was pretty hot stuff after he got to take home the tweezers and scissors they used! (Side story: I remember slicing open my finger when I was in kindergarten and had to get stitches. They had to strap me down to the table, and I think I screamed so hard I lost my voice! My son is not as wussy as I am!)

10 comments:
What did Isaac do to get that gaping hole in his head?
I guess I should add that! I'll do it right now!
Holy cow!! Thats a good one. What a tuff kid.
tell him im glad his brain didn't fall out. and now you can call him zipper head like we did to zachary :o)
Aw, poor guy! He is such a trooper!
Poor little guy!That looks painful
OOOUUCCCHHHH! You're such a good mommy to handle it that well!
so, you blogged about it, but how are you really? or should I say, how WERE you? I remember when you sliced your finger:)
What a brave little guy! that's a monstrous "owie!"
Oh, Poor Isaac!! He is a trooper! and so is his Mama!!
Post a Comment